Science Learning Partnership Cornwall – Summer Programme
13th June 2018 – Primary Science Share
An inaugural meeting of a new sharing platform for pooling ideas and developing good practice.
Venue: St Joseph’s School, Launceston
21st June 2018 – Developing the role of practical work in 11-16 secondary science
Explore the place of practical work, look at how an effective curriculum will develop skills progressively through KS3 and KS4 and consider how getting this right can lead to success in exams.
Venue: Eden Project
Fee: £140 + VAT
22nd June 2018 – Working Scientifically in the Primary Curriculum
This one day course will provide lots of innovative and practical ways to embed working scientifically in your school. It is being held in the brand new science laboratory at the Eden Project.
Venue: Eden Project
Fee: £120 + VAT
4th July 2018 – Inspiring pre-16 Physics
NQTs and non-specialists will explore the core physics practicals to improve confidence in the classroom.
Venue: Truro College
Fee: £100 +VAT
6th July 2018 – Impact Chemistry Day
Link with industry professionals to develop an understanding of chemistry and STEM career pathways in the industry.
Venue: Impact Fluid Solutions, Truro
For more information on any of these courses and for details on how to book a place click here.
Phonics Screening Checks
A briefing session for teachers of Y1 and Y2 pupils, Literacy Subject Leaders, Phonic Leaders, Assessment Leaders and members of the SMT who will be involved in administering phonics screening checks this June will be taking place at Truro College on Wednesday 18th April 2018 from 1pm until 3:30pm.
This briefing will:
- cover all statutory requirements for administering the check
- provide the opportunity to become familiar with the Check Administration Guidance document (CAG)
- provide the opportunity to look at check materials from previous years to ascertain the scope of the check and understand how they can be adapted for pupils
- provide top tips for ensuring pupils do their best on the day
- ensure you are well prepared for an unannounced Y1 Screening Check Monitoring Visit
- finish with a general question and answer session
The session will be delivered by Tracey Matthews, Phonics Specialist and experienced Y1 Phonics Screening Check Monitor.
Places cost £25 per person plus VAT. Please contact Emma Williams in order to secure a place – firstname.lastname@example.org