For a full list of our courses please click here.
Teaching Assistant Training Programme
- 17th October 2018 – Behaviour Management training with Kate Flynn – 1pm – 4pm
- 22nd November 2018 – Phonics training with Tracey Matthews – 1pm – 4pm
- 13th February 2019 – Early Years training with Holly Taylor-Browning – 1pm – 4pm
- All sessions will take place at Truro College and places cost £25 per person plus VAT.
- See here for our terms and conditions.
Building Capacity in Coaching for Leaders in Education
This three day course is aimed at leaders in education who wish to develop their coaching skills in more depth. Through lively, inspiring, interactive and practical teaching sessions, it will provide:
• An introduction to coaching and mentoring
• Development of practical coaching skills and understanding
• Strategies to develop a culture of coaching and mentoring in your school
• Coaching for leadership
The course leaders are:
Dr Patrick McGovern – an education specialist with over 40 years’ experience of teaching, research, education management and senior leadership in schools, universities and now as a leadership coach and consultant for school improvement.
Gareth Jones – a leadership consultant who has enjoyed senior leadership posts in primary, secondary and HE sectors for over 40 years. Recently, he has focused mainly on leadership training and development and the realm of coaching/mentoring across education, sport and business settings.
Nigel Argall – a professional coach and consultant with a master’s degree in Community Education and a PGCE in Coaching and Mentoring. He has extensive experience of education and is a qualified youth worker.
The course will take place on 9th October 2018; 13th November 2018 and 15th January 2019 from 8:45am to 4pm at Truro College. Places cost £250 plus VAT and can be booked by contacting the Teaching School Administrator, Emma Williams, – email@example.com
Getting Ready for Y1 Phonics
This phonics screening checks briefing is for teachers of Y1 and Y2 pupils, Literacy Subject Leaders, Phonic Leaders, Assessment Leaders and members of the SMT who will be involved in administering phonic screening checks in June. The briefing session will take place at Truro College on 8th May 2019 from 1pm until 3:30pm.
The briefing will:
- cover all statutory requirements for administering the check
- provide the opportunity to become familiar with the Check Administration Guidance document (CAG)
- provide the opportunity to look at check materials from previous years to ascertain the scope of the check and understand how they can be adapted for pupils
- provide top tips for ensuring pupils do their best on the day
- ensure you are well prepared for an unannounced Y1 Screening Check Monitoring Visit
- finish with a general question and answer session
The session will be delivered by Tracey Matthews, Phonics Specialist and experienced Y1 Phonics Screening Check Monitor.
Places cost £25 per person plus VAT and if you would like to book a place then please contact the Teaching School Administrator, Emma Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent Teacher Programme
The Excellent Teacher Programme has been created by a team of experienced school leaders and teachers with the objective of ensuring that teachers deliver consistently excellent lessons and secure the best possible outcomes for students.
It is open to all teachers from member schools who are consistently good but want to become consistently excellent and to be part of a future learning network. Further information on costs, dates etc. to follow but the programme will commence in October 2018.
October 2018 – Excellence in Teaching, Values and Self Awareness
November 2018 – Creating a Learning Culture
January 2019 – Effective Questioning
February 2019 – The Who, Why and What of Feedback
All dates to be confirmed
March 2019 – Using Assessment to Promote Rapid Progress
June 2019 – Research Presentations
School visits – (Date to be confirmed)