Induction of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) + Cornwall Teaching School as the Appropriate Body (AB)
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
An NQT should be registered with an Appropriate Body within two weeks of starting in a school and it should be noted that induction cannot commence until an NQT has secured QTS status.
As an Appropriate Body, Cornwall Teaching School offers the following service:
For a termly rate of £95.00 per term for each NQT for the induction period of three terms (£285.00 in total):
- A free induction meeting for all NQTs.
- Access to phone and email advice for induction tutors and NQTs.
- Access to free additional support if an NQT is not making satisfactory progress against the standards. This includes support from Cornwall Teaching School’s advisers and consultants or lead teachers in schools. N.B. unsatisfactory progress by an NQT can generate a substantial amount of support. (The fee for Consultancy support is around £500 – £700 per day).
- 10% monitoring of NQTs to ensure our service remains a high quality service.
- Support via Cornwall Teaching School’s website – www.cornwallteachingschool.org and from our digital campus at digitalcampus.truro-penwith.ac.uk
- An invitation to our annual NQT conferences for primary and secondary phases.
- In addition to the above package of support, Cornwall Teaching School provides professional development days on Behaviour for Learning, Phonics and Assessment.
- Access to other relevant Cornwall Teaching School conferences and training events during the year.
If you would like to register your NQTs with us as the Appropriate Body please download the registration form and send to Emma Williams – email@example.com within two weeks of the NQT commencing induction.